Libido is a term that refers to a person’s craving for sexual activity. Increased sexual activity and good health in turn improves the general health and mental makeup of any person.
Therefore, it is important for everyone to lead an active and healthy sex life, and here are a few creative ways of doing that:
- Alcohol acts as a sexual mood enhancer.
The bad news is that it acts as a depressant as well (when it is consumed excessively and regularly). A single alcoholic drink can reduce your stress and lift your mood for sexual activity. Try it, but don’t have more than one drink. If it doesn’t work, try out the other tips.
- Smoking constricts the blood vessels thereby reducing the flow of blood to the organs.
When the penis receives a lesser flow of blood, it leads to weaker erections and shortened sexual encounters. For those who do not know, proper or increased flow of blood to the penis results in exactly the opposite. The lesson here is that giving up smoking can directly and indirectly increase your libido and sexual stamina.
- Penis (AKA male enhancement) pills and extenders make a play on the mind and the penis at the same time.
Penis pills contain vital minerals, antioxidants and aphrodisiacs (like Ginkgo, Ginseng, L-Arginine, etc.) that stimulate the libido, send in a rush of blood to the penis (leading to longer and long-lasting erections), and help improve semen quality. Penis extenders work by stretching the penis size. Together, penis pills and extenders can physically and psychologically lift your sexual mood.
- Working out regularly builds lean muscle mass and improves your metabolic rate.
It also increases your libido. So go right ahead and work out regularly to look good and improve your sexual performance. Remember, there is no substitute for exercise.
- Eating too much or not working out or consuming a whole lot of unhealthy foods like junk food, bakes, etc., can make you overweight.
Being overweight can compromise on your sexual activity. This is because blood does not flow properly to the organs when blood vessels are constricted (due to body fat).
- You should try and shun red meat – stick to white meats and vegetables. In fact, try and pack in a lot of vegetables in your diet because they are full of vitamins and antioxidants that help you enhance your sex drive.
- You also must be psychologically strong in order to enjoy your sex life.
Low self-esteem, complexes, bringing work-related issues to home, being nasty to others, etc., can take a heavy toll on your sexual mood. So, learn to meditate, relax, and think positively if you want to improve your sex life.
- Flirting, talking dirty, indulging in imaginative role playing, gifting sexy lingerie, using sex toys, etc., with your partner can increase your sexual desire, pleasure and performance.
- Practicing yoga can dramatically boost your sexual desire – and its effects can be permanent so long you continue to lead a healthy lifestyle.
The practice of yoga includes many exercises and poses that are specifically designed to strengthen the sexual organs and improve sexual psyche. Though you can buy a book or check online resources, I recommend that you should work with a trainer.
- Understanding your partner’s likes and dislikes can also play an indirect role in boosting your libido.
If you understand the way she thinks and behaves, and she does the same, the comfort level increases. When comfort levels increase, sexual tension and inhibitions decrease, and real pleasure sets in.
These tips will help you gain control of and increase your libido. Have fun.